Did you download the free whitepaper from the last post?
We had given an overview of AR processes in the few posts prior to that.
In the list of processes that I had shared initially, I hadn’t included the Order Management processes, since most of the times, this remains as a voice based process.
Nevertheless, I will cover it today.
An Order Management process primarily comprises of the following stages:
- Receiving a purchase order from a customer
- Validating the identity of the person placing the order
- Logging the order in the system
- Verifying the order quantum with the approved levels of regular customers
- Forwarding the details to the billing and delivery departments for execution
- In case of pre-specified rules, both general and customer specific, validating the PO based on these rules and communicating with the customer on the same if needed.
I will cover this in more detail in the next post as the Order Management is a lot dependent on the mode of transmission of the PO.
We have enabled a button on the top of the first page, which will enable you share your posts. If you wish to write about any of the current streams, you can do it at http://faoblog.com/guest-post/. We will review your post and release it within 48 hours of your posting.