We talked about vendor analysis and reporting and query management in the last post –
Let’s talk about the following processes:
- Vendor Account reconciliations
- Payment Settlement
Vendor Account reconciliations
This process is really a good candidate to outsource to the shared center / an outsourcer. There will always be a need to reconcile accounts. At the start level, the processes will comprise of doing reconciliations and informing the client of the un-reconciled items in the vendor ledger.
At the next level, the processes will incorporate reaching out to the vendor for queries and clarifications, requesting vendors for statements and collecting evidence for reconciliation entries.
The differences in the accounts statements as maintained by the vendors and as maintained by your client can arise of various factors:
- Different quantity of material sent and received vs. ordered
- Purchase returns and rejected material
- Material failing quality acceptance
- Damaged delivery
- Different discounts / early payments / interest on delayed payment adjusted
- Non-receipt / application of remittances
- Material lost / damaged in transit
- Transportation cost components
- Material delivered to an incorrect address of your client
We have enabled a button on the top of the first page, which will enable you share your posts. If you wish to write about any of the current streams, you can do it at http://faoblog.com/guest-post/. We will review your post and release it within 48 hours of your posting.